Ubuntu is one of the linux operating system on the basis of the debian operating system. Ubuntu was first released circa 2004 and have experienced the development until now with final release of Ubuntu Xenial at 16. Some software that we can take advantage of ubuntu are:
Office Software (word, excel, powerpoint) use Libreoffice 5.
-Software development web server for local use apache2, php and mysql.
-Code editor with features of interest to developers.
-Browsing using web browser just like on a PC.
-And so on.
Another thing to keep in mind in the process of installing ubuntu on a smartphone cannot be ascertained that the installation will succeed 100% due to the characteristics of the hardware on every android smartphone. Here also I remind that the installation process may have to be repeated several times until the os installation of ubuntu on a smartphone successful, so it is recommended to use a wifi connection with good speed, or data connection smartpone with large quotas.
All the steps in this tutorial is a safe, all the steps done in software but does not cover the possibility if the later will be faced with some problems even though the odds are small so we must be ready with the risk that would be faced. By following this tutorial I think have agreed that all the risks are borne by themselves.
To run ubuntu, android smartphone we should meet the minimum specification, namely:
-at least 1 Ghz processor
-1 GB RAM
-sdcard with the rest of the space at least 5 GB
-mandatory android smartphone is already in the root.
Actually not just ubuntu that can be installed, other linux distros like debian, opensuse, slackware, times, and centos could also be installed. But from my experience installing linux on android, ubuntu only the most stable. I chose ubuntu latest version namely xenial at 16 because the repository for application installation in ubuntu like office, apache, mysql, php, etc. are still complete and we can get the latest versions of these applications with a nicer look and a more complete feature. As for the Time There there are some applications that still use the old version in the repository, and if we want to install the latest version, we harus embodying other repository manually, but the benefits of Time There terasa lighter.
After the minimum specifications of android smartphone, we now begin to stage installation. Previously used to prepare supporting applications as follows:
1. Deploy Linux Applications. Download here
2. application Busybox installer. Download here
3. Applications the bVNC. Download here
4. application Terminal Emulator. Download here
After all the applications installed, we start ubuntu installation phase as follows:
1. open busybox installer app, and then click install busybox.
2. Go to deploy linux applications, and then open the installation settings (picture the arrow down) and make the settings as follows:
a) distribution: ubuntu, if you want to use the time pbe selected times.
b) Distribution suite: xenial, if you use the select time there.
c) Architecture: armhf.
d) Mirror: Let alone without change, according to their standard.
e) installation type: file.
f) Installation path:/sdcard/linuximg.
g) image size: 4000
h) file system: auto.
I) User name: android.
j) Password: changeme.
k: LXDE Desktop environment).
l) Select component: give ceklist on a desktop environment, ssh server, vnc servers.
m) marked ceklist on ssh and gui.
n) Graphic subsystem: vnc.
o) Gui settings: display 0, 24 depth, width and height, the appropriate screen resolution recommended hp.
3. Back to the top of the settings menu, select install. Then download and install process will begin. The process will last for quite a while, depending on the speed of the internet. The downloaded data is approximately 300-500 MB. Wait until it is finished.
4. After the installation process is complete, click on the stop button, wait for the stop process is complete, then click on the start button. If on the status of ssh and vnc done, then the installation was successful, if it fail, then your installation failed.
5. If the download fails, click the stop button, click on the install button on the settings menu of the installation. Then the installation process will be repeated.